Tuesday, September 23, 2014

PICC #2 Out!

Big day yesterday!  I got my 2nd PICC out.  For the first time in nearly 2 years, we are a PICC-free home.  We were talking about this yesterday morning before my nurse came over to remove my PICC, and my daughter Sarah said in a sad voice, "It's kind of fun when the nurses come over.  They're so nice."  She's right.  All of our nurses have been great.  My best guess is that we've had around 150 nurse visits in the last 23 months.  All our nurses were all very nice, but it will feel so freeing not having to schedule our days around nurse visits anywhere from 1-4 times per week. :-)

Tim took pictures of the whole removal process.  If you're into that kind of thing, I'll share the posts here.  If you have a weak stomach, you might want to skip this part :-)

Getting started taking the bandage off

Peeling the bandage back

Getting there

Just about off

No bandage!

Pulling the line out

More...

More...

Taking a break on the pulling because it made me dizzy and light-headed

There is is!  Out!

My arm with no tube!

All bandaged up until tomorrow.

And there you have it.  No more tube in my arm.  I had an appointment with my doctor yesterday to discuss what comes next.  The plan for now is to continue on most of the supplements I was already taking, focus a lot on detox, and re-start the Cowden herbal protocol.  I'm looking forward to being off the antibiotics again for now!

2 comments:

  1. Good job! I have a tiny little mark from where mine was

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for great success for you both off antibiotics!

    ReplyDelete