Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Disability Day on the Hill


Sarah decked out in her "Lyme green" to go to the capital.

I'm so proud of my daughter!  Our local Lyme group took part in Disability Day on the Hill today.  People with disabilities went to the capital to meet with their senators and representatives to discuss the difficulties disabled people have, what legislation would be helpful in the everyday lives of the disabled, etc.  Tim and I were too sick to go, so our daughter Sarah went with my parents.  We set up meetings in advance and she brought a letter Tim and I had written as well as some pictures of our family, and she told the politicians our story.  At the age of 8, she represented our family well.

We are so proud of her for being brave and talking with politicians about our family's struggles.

Here is another picture of Sarah with one of the politicians she met with:


No comments:

Post a Comment