|We had pics taken of the kids last weekend. Tim wasn't able to come, but I jumped into a pic with my sweet babies :-)|
- First off, Tim is still so sick, and he sometimes even appears to be getting worse. These last 6 months or so have been a scary free fall for him. We are trying to get in with a great new specialist who tends to see the toughest cases and often treats them with great success. That's what Tim is, and that's what he needs. However, it is hard to travel to see a doctor when Tim is so sick. It's a never-ending merry-go-round ride that isn't very fun. He can't get better (probably) if he doesn't see this doctor, but he can't see the doctor because he's too sick to travel. We had an appointment scheduled for the middle of September but we weren't able to make it so we rescheduled. The next appointment is coming up next week, but it remains to be seen if he will actually make it to that one. If you feel so inclined, please pray for us as we take these next steps. He is so miserable and could really use some encouragement and healing.
- Andrew had been doing fairly well off his meds, but then he had another tick bite in July. Bummer. We had him on another month of antibiotics then to be safe, and then he seemed OK for a few weeks after that. And then he wasn't. He started showing a lot of his symptoms hard and fast in the end of August. For now, we have him on an herbal protocol recommended by our doctor. We are hoping that we will be able to keep his tiny body from any more assault from antibiotics. We'll continue to monitor how he is doing on the herbs and go from there. For now he seems to be handling them well and seeing some improvement.
- After a rough year and a half for me, I finally had a big jump in the middle of July. I thought I would continue to see improvement, but that hasn't really happened. Lyme really is a roller coaster. I have been off my IV for nearly 3 months now. The good news is that I haven't had much back-sliding, though I have had some. The bad news is that I haven't continued the upward trend I was on. I did another juice fast in mid-September to see if that might help, but it didn't. I guess that was a bad idea. I am continuing with the Wellness Pro, and I have also recently started the same herbs that Andrew is on. I am really hopeful that these things will help and I don't have to go back on antibiotics. That is my goal, but I will not be a martyr to it. If it becomes clear that what I am doing isn't working I will talk to my doctor about what my options are. I have an appointment with him in less than a month to discuss these last few months of completely changing course. I'm interested to hear his thoughts on how things are going.
- We started our homeschool year in early September, and we're having a great year! Sarah is in 3rd grade and Andrew is in kindergarten. They are both loving their work, and I LOVE the program! In case anyone is wondering, the program we are using can be found at allinonehomeschool.com.
Sorry again for the delay in getting this update out. I hope to update more after our upcoming appointment(s).